About Dr. Willmington
Dr Harold L. Willmington—Biographical Information
For 17 years Dr. Willmington’s wife, Sue, appeared on the nationally televised Old Time Gospel Hour program as an interpreter for deaf viewers both in America and Canada. She teaches a Christian Womanhood class for Liberty Bible Institute, holds Women in the Word Bible Conferences in various states. The Willmington’s have one son, Matt, who is the executive pastor of a large church near Atlanta, Georgia. Matt is married to Chris, a Liberty University graduate and they have three children: Nathan, Carissa, and Abigail.
• Diploma, Moody Bible Institute, 1955
• B.A., Culver-Stockton, 1960
• Attended Dallas Theological Seminary, Dallas, Texas & Ashland Theological Seminary, Ashland, Ohio
• Dr. of Ministry, Trinity Evangelical Divinity School, Deerfield, Illinois, 1981
By Thomas Nelson Publishers, Nashville, Tenn.
• The Topical Study Bible (Contributing Editor)
• The New Open Bible (Contributing Editor)
• Daily Devotional Bible (Contributing Editor)
• Liberty Bible Commentary (Contributing Editor)
• That Manuscript From Outer Space
By Victor Books, Wheaton, Illinois
• Willmington’s Survey of the Old Testament
By Tyndale House Publishers, Wheaton, Illinois
• The King is Coming
• Willmington’s Guide to the Bible
• Israel at Forty
• Signs of the Times
• The Visualized Bible
• Willmington’s Complete Guide to Bible Knowledge (a series of 6 volumes)
•Old Testament People
•New Testament People
•The Life of Christ
•Old Testament Survey
•New Testament Survey
•Introduction to Theology
• When It Hurts Too Much To Cry
• Willmington’s Teaching Visuals
• Willmington’s Books of Bible Lists
• Willmington’s Bible Handbook
• Willmington’s Complete Bible Outline
(An alliterated overview, incorporating each of Scripture’s 31,173 verses)
(Many of these books are now on CD-ROM)
Facts Relating to the Various Publications
King is Coming
The book has undergone three revisions, 12 printings, and has been translated in the Finnish, Korean and Indonesian languages.
Willmington’s Guide to the Bible
In 1988 the Sudan Interior Mission distributed 5,000 copies to 5,000 native pastors in Ghana, Africa. In 1997 a similar project was carried out for 15,000 pastors in Nigeria, Africa. The Guide has been translated in Korean, Chinese and Spanish.
Signs of the Times
This has been translated into Japanese.
Willmington’s Book of Bible Lists
In 1988 Billy Graham distributed n4early 400,000 copies of this book, featuring it during his televised Buffalo, New York evangelistic crusade. The Lists book has been translated into the Italian language.
Willmington’s Complete Guide to Bible Knowledge: Old Testament People
This book was given the God Medallion Award by the Evangelical Christian Publishers Association on July 13, 1991.
Willmington’s Bible Handbook
Contains introductions and a verse by verse commentary on all the books in the Bible, numerous maps of the Bible world, convenient charts and lists with key Bible information, a chronology of Bible events, stories, statistics and spiritual lessons from the lives of more than 100 people from the Bible.
In 1976 Dr. Willmington developed the Liberty Home Bible Institute, a correspondence course consisting of 240 forty-five minute lectures, 80 covering the Old Testament, 80 on the New Testament, and 80 in the area of theology. In the ensuing years, over 90,000 students have been enrolled from all 50 states, plus 40 foreign countries.
Dean, Willmington School of the Bible at Liberty University
• Pastor, 17 years (1955-1972)
• At Liberty University since 1972
• Visiting Professor, American Institute of Holy Land Studies, Jerusalem, Israel